Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Write it on your heart


There are some days when I don't want to wake up and go to work. There are days when all I want to do is absolutely nothing but I remind myself to treat every day as the best day. Maybe its my Buddhist background but I truly believe that whatever energy you exude, you reap back, whether its positive or negative. 

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day 
who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.

Finish every day and be done with it. 
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with your old nonsense.

This new day is too dear,
with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on the yesterdays.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lorraine, I needed this little bit of wisdom today! It made me feel like even amazingly talented people like yourself have their off days :) I truly believe everything happens for a reason and I have stumbled onto your website and blog via having to do research of illustration styles; I am doing my Diploma of Graphic Design in Australia. Loving your work... Buddha bless!

    Vanida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words, Vanida! It truly means a lot to hear that you enjoy my work :)
    Good luck on the rest of your school year and I'd love to see your graphic design work as well!

    Best,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete